We are delighted to be a stockist for the incredibly versatile Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ decorative paints and waxes.
- No need to prime, sand or prepare
- Extremely low VOCs
- You can use it on any surface, indoors and out (the outside of Annie's shop was painted in it)
- You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
- The colours mix easily and the Annie Sloan website shows you how
- It's flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
- It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
- You can use it as an impasto (thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
- They've been making it since 1990 so it's tried and tested
1 litre pots are £19, 100ml testers are £6 and 500ml pots of either clear or dark soft wax are £9.
We are now taking bookings for informal, furniture painting classes at the shop, covering a range of finishes & paint effects using Annie Sloan products as well as ad hoc restoration advice & troubleshooting.
Monday 19th October 10am - 2pm
Wednesday 11th November 10am - 2pm
The price of the class is £125 which includes all the materials you need on the day, delicious coffee and treats from the local patisserie and you also get a free litre pot of paint and a pot of wax of your choice to take home with you (together worth £28).
We start with an introduction to Annie Sloan’s paints and waxes, basic tips and advice on how to apply and get the best results. There is no need to have any prior furniture painting experience and you don’t have to be in any way artistic to get great results.
This is a very hands on class, you will learn and try your hand at colour layering, texturising the paint, a number of distressing techniques, gilding, colour washing & colour waxing.
We work from wooden boards so there is no need to bring anything in with you. This gives you freedom to experiment as much as you like in the class and you can then take your boards home with you for reference at the end. It also gives you the opportunity to try out as many of the colours from the range and try out different colour combinations, colour mixing etc.
Our classes are small and informal and we can accommodate a maximum of 6 people per session.
Other dates & times may be accommodated and we also offer gift vouchers - please contact us for details.