We are delighted to be a stockist for the incredibly versatile Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ decorative paints and waxes.
- No need to prime, sand or prepare
- Extremely low VOCs
- You can use it on any surface, indoors and out (the outside of Annie's shop was painted in it)
- You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
- The colours mix easily and the Annie Sloan website shows you how
- It's flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
- It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
- You can use it as an impasto (thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
- They've been making it since 1990 so it's tried and tested
1 litre pots are £19, 100ml testers are £6 and 500ml pots of either clear or dark soft wax are £9.
We are now taking bookings for informal, furniture painting classes at the shop, covering a range of finishes & paint effects using Annie Sloan products as well as ad hoc restoration advice & troubleshooting. There is no need to have any prior furniture painting experience and you don’t have to be in any way artistic to get great results.
[none currently scheduled]
Essentials = A comprehensive introduction to Annie Sloan’s paints and waxes, basic tips and advice on how to apply and get the best results. Perfect for beginners who want to achieve a simple waxed paint finish and explore the colour range.
Extended = Essentials + colour layering, colour mixing, texturising the paint, distressing techniques, gilding, colour washing & colour waxing.
Prices include all materials and a litre pot of paint and a pot of wax of your choice to take home with you (together worth £28).
We work from wooden boards so there is no need to bring anything in with you. This gives you freedom to experiment as much as you like in the class and you can then take your boards home with you for reference at the end.
Our classes are small and informal and we can accommodate a maximum of 6 people per session.
Other dates & times may be accommodated and we also offer gift vouchers - please contact us for details.